Happy Father's Day to all the papa's out there!


                   

first off, I'd like to acknowledge the single parents out there whether they are male or female~ they take on the role of both parents and it is much more stressful when you're going through the parenting process by themselves. so thank your parents, mom, dad or both, for raising you and giving you life. 

secondly, this here is my papa, we've had many rough patches as I was growing up, I was physically and emotionally abused as a kid and trust me, it wasn't easy forgiving my dad but hey, look at where I am today! I love my dad, he's my rock and I know that he'll always be there for me no matter what. I love him not only for taking care of me but also for taking care of my whole family as well as my boyfriend. it took a whole while for him to accept my boyfriend (because he was a Caucasian and he wasn't part of the Chinese culture). My dad used to hate the fact that I was going out with him because he was quick to judge and thought that Joey, my boyfriend, was just going to mess around with me and then leave me. But here we are 5 years later and my dad absolutely loves him. 

a little about my boyfriend.

so my boyfriend hasn't had the life he should've. he was taken away from his drug addict parents, sent to a million different foster homes along with his little brother who has cerebral palsy and autism, and finally after switching out of so many homes, a nice lady by the name of Marilyn Wilson took both of them in and took care of both of them along with three other foster kids until her last breath. she ended up adopting them before she passed away. now after she passed away, the whole house went into a shizz hole (excuse my language) his adopted father (who is still alive) does not take care of them, he smokes weed, he's an alcoholic (who has been into rehab, became sober and now he's back to his old alcoholic ways), treats my boyfriend and I like we're slaves and just complains nonstop about every single thing he sees. in my words, he's not qualified to be a father. my boyfriend cooks, cleans, does everything he need to do to keep the house up and running. my boyfriend's birth mother, who has sobered up and came back into his life after 7 years of not being there, has done so much for everyone (even though she and I had out fair share of disagreements), she recently passed away this December. His birth father, also recently passed away and it's just been so hard on my boyfriend. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, be grateful for the people you have who support you, some people are less fortunate and don't have the greatest parent(s) so thank your parents for being there. and I wanted to take the time to thank my dad for treating my boyfriend like his own son. my boyfriend never really had a father figure until now and I'm glad to be able to share my dad with someone I truly love and care about.





                                      xoxo
                                          Simone



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top