July 2013 Ipsy Glambag




For those of you who do not know what Ipsy is, it's a monthly beauty subscription for $10. Every month you receive 5 items from different cosmetic brands based on a quiz you first take when you sign up. You can sign up for free but the subscription is the part that you pay for~ So far I've been very pleased with the items I received. (I'm thinking about doing a post on each glambag I receive~)

You can sign up for this by clicking here

Below I will review each item so continue scrolling! :)

                                                   
Above is the, Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush, it is very very pigmented, smooth and creamy and it basically stains your lips. This color in particular is very very bright! Its a very bright coral (it leans more towards a neon pinkish red). I would compare this to the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstains but a lot more pigmented.

                                                   
Here is the COOLA mineral sunscreen/tinted moisturizer, it says that it is organic and also that it contains a SPF of 20. This applies on very smoothly, not too oily and it is very moisturizing. I really love the idea of a tinted moisturizer and sunscreen together, this formula in particular is extremely light weight. BTW if you're expecting coverage from this I suggest you don't get it because it doesn't perform as a foundation or BB Cream, it's just a tinted moisturizer.

                                           
Here is the Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Hairspray from Sexy Hair's Brand. It claims to be humidity resistant and it's right! I tend to get frizzy hair when it rains and let me tell you, this hairspray did what it said it would do, it protected my hair from getting frizzy and it held all day long. Although it has a weird smell to it, it works, I'd rather have frizz free hair than look like a crazy person. The thing I love most about this spray is that the mist is so fine, it doesn't make your hair crispy and crunchy, I mean who wants that?! I sure don't.

                                           
This little palette is just a tester of BH Cosmetics' three palettes based off of California (from left to right; Hollywood, San Francisco, and Malibu. Hollywood is a beautiful royal purple, San Francisco is a very very rich bronze and Malibu is a very shiny gold color. These three eye shadows in my opinion weren't as pigmented as I expected them to be so even if you applied with a heavy hand I don't think it would be that bad. I like the idea of giving a sample of the three palettes but I wish they'd given us colors that would coordinate with each other like San Francisco and Malibu do. This palette that they give you would be perfect if you're going to a Lakers game. Don't get me wrong, I like the colors they gave, I just wish that Hollywood would be a more versatile color (not everyone can pull of a royal purple).

                                   
Above is Benefit's benetint, it's a lip/cheek stain. This was the item that I was looking most forward to! I've seen plenty of people rave about this on youtube and I wanted to try it out~ It is a very very veryy nice product. It's very versatile, but you have to work quick with it before it stains and stays. After it stains, it stays throughout the whole day! Make sure you put a lip balm over it (on the lips) after it dries. The cheeks, it gives a nice tint of rosy cheeks! All in all, I love this product~ 



I loved the bag this month, oops I forgot to mention the theme this month is "beach beauty" so every month is a different theme and corresponding to the themes are the makeup items that go with it.

Hope you enjoyed this post! Check back soon for another post! Love you ;)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top