My First Invisalign Update! (no trays yet)

Hi there! So recently, this past Friday (02.21.14) I went to the orthodontist to follow up with my Invisalign consultation that I had a couple months ago. The only reason why this appointment was so far from my consultation date was because I had to get my cavities filled  (3 of them...I guess that's what I get for not going to the dentist for like 6 years). BTW I have two dentists one for my regular check ups, cleanings, etc. and one for my Invisalign treatment.

**They told me that I should have them filled before I came back to do my impressions because if I had done the impressions, got the trays and then had my cavities filled, then the trays wouldnt have fit.**

Soooo after getting my three cavities filled I finally scheduled the appointment and luckily it was the week right after. Anyways long story short, I went to the orthodontist yesterday, filled out a whole bunch of paper work, they took pictures of me and my teeth (I guess for progressive reasons) and then I waited about 15 minutes and they took me in to do my impressions.

The Impressions
Weird experience for me overall but pretty cool. They took two molds of my top row and two molds of my bottom and then they squeezed the stuff on to my teeth and made me bite on it to make the last mold. First, they had these little trays that were different sizes and they had to fit it to my teeth and stuff, so once they found the size they took a weird mix that looked like Play-Doh but it was a little more dense than Play-Doh and put it into the tray and shoved it on to my top row of teeth. The lady held it there for about 6 minutes and kept pressing on it to make sure that it was done right so she didnt have to do it again. After the 6 minutes she took it off and there it was...a mold of my teeth, it was weird to see. It had no taste but it was just crazy to know that this thing in your mouth that was originally soft, hardens up and makes a mold of your teeth. She did this a second time (to my top row of teeth) but with a different material, this one was less dense, it was green, it smelt like Jello and I didn't like this one as much; it was just so messy, it got everywhere in my mouth and it just felt so disgusting.


After the impressions, I was done. They told me I would have to wait about 4-6 weeks for the trays to come in and from then on my treatment would officially begin.


**WARNING**
Below are pictures of my teeth (they are terribly stained and spaced and everything bad...)
I'm just extremely self conscious about my teeth (I was always made fun of)..And my boyfriend, the most amazing guy in the world is the only one that feels like I dont need braces but I love him for thinking that and I absolutely love him for supporting me and taking me to each of my appointments! If you're reading this, thanks honey bear!


Front View
     


Interior View of Top Row
                                         


   Interior View of Bottom Row
                                          










CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top