Invisalign Trays 14 & 15 (Update #8)



So I'm back for another update and this time with some bad news. I recently went to my original dentist (the one who does the check-ups & cleanings & stuff) and when she was looking through my teeth she said I had three new cavities! 

The dentist told me I wasn't brushing or flossing my teeth nor was I flossing when I put my trays back in. At first, I thought to myself, I said, "NO WAY. I brush, floss and use mouth wash EVERY SINGLE TIME AFTER I EAT" I even have proof, my boyfriend gets a little weirded out by how crazy I am with my oral hygiene. I was a little upset she accused me of not taking care of myself and when I asked her what else it could possibly be, she had no other response. She prescribed me a toothpaste that was more concentrated with sodium fluoride than anything else.

So I did a little bit of research on my own and I found a lot of other people had the same problem as me. They were doing everything right except they were using toothpastes that used sugar instead of xylitol. So what I did what I immediately went to the store and went crazy reading toothpaste ingredients making sure I saw the word "xylitol" in it. What happens with the sugar is that it gets trapped in your teeth and trays making it so that the sugar can eat away at your teeth. Another thing that I believe is also a problem is the lack of saliva circulating through my teeth when I have my Invisalign on. the saliva doesn't get to do its job and carry out its purpose of cleaning off my teeth so bacteria builds up and shtuff...

Anyways I wish I knew this before I got my Invisalign so I knew what toothpaste would be good for me...

Hopefully it all goes smoothly after I get these cavities filled. I'm praying that I can continue my Invisalign treatment without getting anymore cavities than I already have...

Other than that shpeal, these trays don't really hurt as much, they're just more uncomfortable than anything else but that'll go away as it usually does after 3-4 days.


Remember if you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me through email or simply by leaving a comment down below!


Follow me on Instagram for more updates:

@nvrendinluvstory


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top